What is CMMS?
CMMS is an industry term that stands for “Computerized Maintenance Management System”. It was commonly used by maintenance operators & service providers to describe an IT system that stores and manages the maintenance & repairs of any piece of equipment.
With the growth and use mobile devices and apps, CMMS has now evolved to stand for “Cloud-based Maintenance Management Software”, and can be applied to many other industries, including restaurant operations.
Does a Restaurant need a CMMS solution?
Absolutely. Historically, CMMS solutions were not designed for restaurant operations.
Traditional CMMS solutions were a bit too complex and, therefore, too expensive.
Restaurants relied heavily on Excel sheets, pen & paper, e-mails & calendar reminders.
Whether they knew it or not, this “system” WAS their CMMS solution.
However, with the exponential growth and use of
1) mobile devices,
3) easy-to-use apps
…there are a plethora of CMMS solutions designed for specific industries traditional ignored, such as hospitality.
For example, MaintainIQ is a modern, easy-to-use CMMS solution designed specifically for restaurant operations.
Benefits of using CMMS for your restaurant
- Easily Manage & Track Maintenance & Repairs on every piece of equipment (whether done by a 3rd party vendor, or internally by your staff).
- Receive Notifications & Reminders whenever an important maintenance task is due.
- Easily Train your Staff on how to clean something, such as an Ice Machine or Soda Fountain dispenser.
- Create Digital Checklists on “How to” maintain or clean a specific piece of equipment, including supporting photos & videos.
- Automatically Generate R&M (Repair & Maintenance) histories on every piece of equipment.
- Manage Warranties & Ongoing Repairs
- Store & Access Vendor Contact information.
Real ROI of using a CMMS for your Restaurant
A single restaurant can see the following benefits:
- Save up to 10 hours per week of manager time with a good CMMS solution.
- Reduce R&M annual expense by as much as 18%.
- Reduce Energy Bills by as much as 20%.
- Extend the Useful Life-of-Equipment by as much as 25%
Why not outsource your CMMS needs?
- No one will care more about your equipment than you do.
- You cannot effectively manage preventive maintenance from an off-shore office. Daily inspection & upkeep by your staff is the best preventive maintenance for any equipment.
- Limited options for selecting 3rd party repair services, leading to higher costs.
- Less control of your information, such as warranties.
- Increased liability if your outsourced provider makes a mistake. In the end, YOU will be responsible (not the outsourced CMMS provider).
CMMS Designed for Restaurant Operations
With MaintainIQ, easily track & manage PM on all equipment, including 3rd party vendors, warranties, and maintenance schedules.
- Finally, a CMMS solution Designed for Restaurants! - September 28, 2022
- Preventive Maintenance Checklist for Commercial Water Heaters - July 30, 2022
- HVAC Preventive Maintenance Checklist for Restaurants - July 4, 2022